5.19.2009

ASL "How Great Thou Art"


This video is my addition to Brittany's Worship & Praise Sunday!


>

I've wanted to sign this song for a while now. It took me 5 tries to do it with out messing up too bad. Ha ha! It's such a beautiful old hymn! One that I've sung many, many times growing up in church. And I love that I was able to do it in Sign Language. It's such an expressive language. I'm just learning and I hope you enjoy it. And yes, this is the same song that was playing in the background of my previous video (see previous post). I love this hymn!

Thanks to ktloveland on YouTube for his "how-to" video on doing the signs for this song. I changed only a couple signs to what I normally use, but it's very close to what he suggested.

Now, if I can just remember to adjust the focus on the camera...... Ha ha!

God Bless,

Lyrics:

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

(Chorus)
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

(Chorus)

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

(Chorus)

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! I love it! Thanks so much for doing that! I love the sign for the stars! So neat! Thanks Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was absolutely beautiful. I found your post because I was searching for a video showing how to sigh that song (it's a favorite of mine). I'm so glad that the Lord brought me to your video, not only because of how well you signed, but also because you linked to ktloveland over on youtube, so now my kids and I can start learning to sign some great Christian songs.

    ReplyDelete